Personal Injury Representation
By The North Law Firm, P.A.
It is never too soon after your injury to contact a personal injury attorney to learn more about your rights and options. The sooner you get an experienced advocate on your side, the less likely you are to lose important evidence.
Take the first step toward protecting your rights and getting the compensation you deserve right now. Call us at 866-41-NORTH or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.
What is “personal injury law”?
Personal injury law covers situations in which a person’s body, mind, or emotions are hurt, usually due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness. It includes wrongful death, or situations where an injury proves fatal. Another term for personal injury law is tort law.
Usually, a personal injury case begins when the injured person, known as the plaintiff, sues a person or business, known as the defendant. A personal injury lawsuit claims that the defendant caused the plaintiff’s injury and demands compensation, usually in the form of a money payment known as damages.
Although personal injury law covers any kind of case where a person is injured, some kinds of personal injury cases are more common than others. Common personal injury cases include:
- Car accidents, including accidents with large trucks, motorcycles, or pedestrians
- Consumer product liability cases, including defective products, medications, and recalled products
- Injuries caused by animals, like dog bites
- Injuries from ultrahazardous activities, like the use of explosives or chemicals
- Slip and fall injuries and other premises liability cases
- Injuries to reputation caused by defamation or injuries to mental and emotional health caused by intentional infliction of emotional distress or caused by a physical injury